Our accounting department is growing, and we're looking for a bookkeeper to join our team!
Responsibilities will include keeping multiple clients books up to date, managing client requests, processing payroll, supervising projects for multiple clients and reviewing financials before they go to a client or partner.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must know debits and credits
- Must be able to analyze and spot errors on a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statement
- Knowledge of coding daily transactions for small businesses
- Experience performing bank and credit card reconciliations
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online. Xero experience a plus.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Great attitude and strong work ethic.
Additional desired skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for small businesses in TN a plus
- Sales tax return preparation
- Payroll return preparation
- Bill.com experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, tax, or related field a plus
We offer a family friendly work environment with benefits, outstanding advancement, flexible hours, and competitive wages.
Job Type: Full-time